Historically, the Festival of Lights committee under the direction of Christmas in St. Louis has helped to kickoff the Christmas season in our city with a talent and music festival culminating with the Mayor turning on the holiday lights and a fireworks display in Downtown St. Louis.. The 2014 Ameren Missouri Festival of Lights will be held in the newly renovated Union Station on Saturday, November 22nd. You and your family can expect more performances, a variety of children activities, and appearances by a variety of mascots continuing in the tradition of providing a family friendly event.
The Salvation Army, a long-time partner of the Festival, will display their Tree of Lights across the street from Union Station in Aloe Plaza. Mayor Francis Slay will light the majestic tree along with the fireworks display at dusk. Your family can enjoy some great food from food trucks around Aloe Plaza and there will be an appearance by Santa who is arriving by train at Union Station.
Schedule of Performances*
- 3:00pm Muny Kids perform inside Union Station
- 3:30pm Grand Center Academy performs inside Union Station
- 4:00pm Juggling Jeff starts performance at Aloe Plaza, trackless train rides, Salvation Army Brass Band plays, Mascots arrive.
- 4:15pm Dance Project - ballet dancers inside Union Station
- 4:30pm St. Louis Christmas Carolers at Aloe Plaza by Christmas Tree
- 5:00pm Barbershop Quartet performs at Aloe Plaza by Christmas Tree
- 5:30pm Program begins with presentation of coloring and essay contest winners.
Rosati-Kain "Meet me in St. Louis",
Grand Center Academy
- 6:25pm Holiday Lights and Fireworks Display
*Times are approximate. Schedule subject to change.